Posted On Monday, Jul 14, 2014
Just last night the major extravaganza of world football came to a thrilling end, when team Germany bagged the coveted world-cup trophy after their hard-fought match against Argentina. Both teams were equally capable of winning the final, so what made Germany better than Argentina?
It’s their approach!
While Argentina were, in hindsight, messy by being over-reliant on one player, Germany had its entire team to back its win. So while the world-cup is over and the match is still fresh in our minds, do we get to learn from it? And can we apply this to the investment world?
Yes. As far your investments are concerned, the different approaches of the two teams do teach us a lesson that will help us get closer to our goals – financial goals. It teaches us the important rule of diversification within our portfolio. Just like team Germany has many strong players, we should invest in a fund that will diversify our equity investments among different equity schemes.
Quantum Equity Fund of Funds* is your winning team!
Quantum Equity Fund of Funds is a diversified equity fund of funds scheme that will invest your money in 5-10 schemes of other mutual funds. Quantum uses its expertise in identifying schemes and fund houses for investments. Our expertise reduces the risk of wrong selection of funds. Investing in the Quantum Equity Fund of Funds is also convenient, as you don’t have to invest in multiple schemes to diversify your equity investments.
Here’s why you should consider allocating a part of your savings to the Quantum Equity Fund of Funds:
5 reasons to invest in Quantum Equity Fund of Funds:
• By investing in Quantum Equity Fund of Funds you don't have to worry about which equity fund you should invest in to give your money equity exposure. It will automatically invest your money in suitable diversified equity funds.
• Our processes ensure that we rebalance our portfolio adequately, giving you what is, according to us, the suite of the finest equity funds in India.
• Quantum Equity Fund of Funds invests in not just equity but diversified equity funds that minimize the risk of investing in equities, as compared to sector funds.
• You can start your investments with an amount as low as Rs. 500.
• You can hold units in Demat mode too.
Here is a pictorial representation of the stringent investment process that helps Quantum Equity Fund of Funds select the best funds to add to your portfolio.
Fund Selection Process
Thereafter, the short-listed funds are evaluated based on qualitative criteria. The qualitative parameters will largely judge the fund on the parameters like fund house’s investment systems and processes, consistency in characteristics of its portfolio among others. Funds that emerge as the top performers shall form part of the final portfolio. However, you are requested to note that the Quantum Equity Fund of Funds will be treated as a Non-equity scheme (funnily enough, we hope that this oversight is corrected with every budget, but this is yet to come through) from a taxation perspective. All taxes for non-equity schemes shall therefore apply.
Thus, it is up to you to decide if you wish to invest in team Argentina and depend on one player or simply invest in team Germany and increase your chances to win by diversification.
* Investors should consult their financial advisers if in doubt about whether the product is suitable for them.
Note: Risk is represented as:
Get In Touch
Take small steps in financial planning to achieve big dreams! Start your investment journey today!